Sailor Man


When does vision and imagination become delusion?
I am alone on the ocean of consciousness.
Vast yet finite, calm yet rough,
deep and mysterious, yet familiar,
clean and clear, yet polluted.

I am rudderless, 
subject to the whims of the currents.
The harder I paddle, the more tired I become
the distance covered is circular and insignificant,
an illusion of progress.

In the midst of a tropical depression
strong enough to be noticed
common enough to be ignored
all the while, potentially dangerous
salty waters fill my eyes.

Descending into a maelstrom of madness,
watching the slow deconstruction of my vessel,
its power churning me into kindling.
Do I bother fumble with a life jacket,
or do I look down into the vortex
and succumb to the inevitable?

Is this where I will find the sunshine.
is drowning the enlightenment 
With the stark clarity of the darkness below, 
I plunge into the depths of freedom.

Comments

Popular Posts