An Eye to Hubris

Richat structure in Mauritania, Africa

I need not be discovered 
The path to look upon my eye is well chronicled, 
mapped and memorialized in text.   
I am not terra incognita, 
only hubris hides me.

Alas, why do you deny,
what is in plain sight?
I look back puzzled.
Are you ashamed of me? 
Have you not read of me?
You fool, I am here. 

Power, might and great advancements,
nevertheless, all lost in a day.   
All washed away in a flood of tears.
My lesson discussed for millennia.
Yet hoarded by your corrupters,
with no imagination for irony. 
It is these jailers of the mind that hide me.
They are not ashamed.
They relish in my power and symbolism; 
perpetuating a fraud to,
erase me from the realm of the real to,
deny me connection to my rightful heirs.

My heirs are denied their power,
in order for the jailers to retain theirs.
Hubris destroyed me,
and now hides me.
My heirs come find me. 
  

Comments

Popular Posts