Romney, Romney, Romney...

I have had numerous conversations over the years about my former governor Mit Romney. Like him or not, he did what he had to do here in Massachusetts. Sometimes you will agree sometimes you will disagree. Some of things he did I agreed with. For example, I am a supporter of the MA Healthcare Law of 2006. Indeed the law, is not perfect but I have always felt and will continue to feel that the biggest obstacle in tackling healthcare is political will. The "easy" part is having smart people making work better and more efficiently.

The issue I have with Romney is that he is too busy trying to prove to everyone he is a Conservative instead of a leader or proactive problem solver; too busy trying to win primaries instead of elections. I know he has done the calculus, but something is wrong with his math. It is just incredibly small-minded, which is a shame for a supposedly innovative businessman; embarrassing to be honest. But I guess even the smartest people play stupid.

I think he just needs to forget the Kabuki theatre and in the words of Jimmy Markum, "admit what you did." Instead of talking tough to people in Iowa about same conservative dogmatic idioms about taxes, he needs to talk tough about what he did, and some people might actually have respect for it. Hell, maybe he should be an Independent so he can free himself from the political gymnastics he has done in the past to try to win a primary. Hell, some people might even vote for him.

Comments

Popular Posts