Musical Musings: Back to the Future

I do not listen to music that much anymore because you have to try really hard to find anything new that is really good. There obviously continues to be some really good artists out there, but I am just not feeling it these days. With the proliferation of social media, artists can go straight to the listener without the middle man taking a piece, but if they suck at marketing then it is a task to find some gems. Sometimes it is hard to go "viral" even if your stuff is on point. So, if you find anything good past it along.

In any event, from time to time I get the vibe to listen to some music. On one hand, it gives me great pleasure to heard some classics or "one hit wonders" from different genres. On the other hand, there is some archaeological aspects to some of the music (and in some cases music videos) that interests me. Even as timeless works of art it is interesting to me to juxtapose the music and the years they were first recorded. I suppose for many people when they hear an older song, or a song in general, it brings them back to a specific moment in time.

Today I felt like hearing some Hall and Oates. Songs that I was in the mood for:

I Can't Go For That (1981) Click Here
Private Eyes (1981) Click Here
Maneater (1982) Click Here

It is funny when you compare historical events of 1981-1982, it makes you think what has changed? We know the music can be timeless, but it is also clear so is strife.

Comments

Popular Posts