Hi-Def


I listen to the grass grow
taking notice of each individual blade
I listen to the rain
tap dancing to its own jazzy tune
I listen to the wind
ripple against my ears
speaking in a subtle tongue

I listen to robins and blue jays
I listen to the laughter of a boy
as he plays
and only think one phrase
its beautiful

I listen to streams
as they stream through me
I listen to the rustling and snapping of branches
popping like firecrackers
giving me joyous fears
also giving me tears

I bother to listen
for I can not see stars glisten
I can not see the gentle snow melt
against my warm skin
I can not see lightning paint itself
against the black canvas of night
I can not see mountain peaks jutting
through clouds
for empty darkness shrouds
my vision

Not my decision
to wake everyday into a state of sleep
I wished that light would creep
into my pupil and fill me
with sight
I longed to gaze upon images
that others took for granted
I longed to distinguish
the day and the night
the sun and the moon
I hoped and wished that
it would come soon

Alas
I have grown to appreciate
and accept my condition
you see
It puts me in a position
to create a world of my own high definition
how I see fit-- unique
you see
you can steal my sight
but mental imagery can never be
taken away from me

Comments

Popular Posts